Improve Your IELTS Test Score
This online course is designed to help students prepare for the IELTS exam by familiarizing them with the test’s structure, scoring, and timing as well as providing them with skill-building exercises, test-taking strategies, and advice on how to avoid common mistakes.
Who Should Attend
Any and all non-native English-speaking individuals who need to improve their IELTS score for academic or professional reasons.
This course is offered in an asynchronous, online format.
This online course is made up of seven one-week modules.
International students who successfully complete this online course will be better prepared to take the IELTS exam, which is a requirement for admission to many U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, preparing for this test will help improve students’ academic Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills.
USD faculty, experienced in online teaching techniques, provide a stimulating online learning environment. All instructors hold a Master's degree or higher.
- Apply strategies for each task and question type on the IELTS exam.
- Summarize main ideas and major points to respond to IELTS questions.
- Describe data in graphic form.
- Use appropriate transitions and organizational structure.
- Produce independent writing and speaking responses to IELTS prompts.
- Utilize essay-writing skills that conform to the IELTS scoring guidelines.
- Take IELTS practice tests.
High Intermediate level of English proficiency.
Memberships and Associations
USD's English Language Academy is a member of English USA (formerly the American Association of Intensive English Programs), and NAFSA (the Association of International Educators).