How Data Analytics and Storytelling with Data Can Enhance Business Performance - Fully Online
Start your career enhancing journey today!
This online professional certificate program is designed to provide practical and statistical techniques and skillsets in Data Analytics and Visualization. Courses in this modern program will prepare participants to solve real-world data problems for insights that lead to better decisions and strategic business actions. Start by exploring how to efficiently utilize data analyses and then how to effectively communicate and display findings to inform and direct decision-making. Working professionals and data enthusiasts will explore and apply in-demand tools and analytical topics in this four-course certificate.
Who Should Attend
This certificate provides continuing education for:
- Individuals with a college degree or current degree seeking students who are interested in boosting their resume by getting hands-on experience in fundamental data analytics, storytelling with data, data ethics, and visualizations to elevate their analytical knowledge in a wide variety of industries
- Anyone who is interested in breaking into the high-growing field of data analytics and practicing in-demand tools and techniques
- Professionals who want to become familiar with basic data literacy and explore and advance their career in any data-driven field
Pathway to USD's Master's Degree in Applied Data Science - Fully Online Program
Successful completion of the Data Analytics and Visualization Certificate with a B or better grade in each course, can be used to waive 6 units of prerequisites (ADS-500A and ADS-500B) in the University of San Diego's online Master of Science in Applied Data Science program, pending admission into the program. Click here for more information on USD's Master's Degree Program.
Schedule & Fees
|Course #||Courses (8 units)||Duration||SP||SU||FA||Fee|
|DAV-X800||Essentials of Analytics in Excel
|DAV-X801A||Data Visualization & Storytelling with Tableau
|DAV-X801B||Data Analytics with Python and R
|DAV-X802||Data Analytics and Visualization Capstone
|One Time Certificate Fee||$45|
|Total Certificate Cost (4 courses)||$5,545|
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced *Schedule and fees subject to change|
Complete the requirements below to earn a professional certificate in Data Analytics and Visualization. The certificate can be completed in as few as two semesters (28 weeks). Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- To participate in the certificate program there is a one-time $45 certificate fee applied with enrollment of DAV-X800
- Complete all four courses, DAV-X800, DAV-X801A, DAV-X801B and DAV-X802 (total of 8 units)
Successfully complete each course in this order:
- DAV-X800 Essentials of Analytics in Excel
- DAV-X801A Data Visualization & Storytelling with Tableau
- DAV-X801B Data Analytics with Python and R
- DAV-X802 Data Analytics and Visualization Capstone
Each course is seven weeks long and typically scheduled each semester.
- Learn and apply statistical methods for data analysis techniques using various real-world datasets
- Conduct hands-on data literacy from beginning stages using different analytical tools
- Demonstrate developed technical and soft skillsets and communicate effectively about data-driven projects and results