Turn Your POST Command College Experience into Graduate Extension Credit
The University of San Diego has partnered with the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) to give graduates of POST's Command College the opportunity to have their coursework evaluated, given an academic grade, and validated for 12 graduate-level extension units. Students will also have the option of receiving a Law Enforcement Command Certificate upon validation.
If you are a graduate of California Command College class 45 or later, you are eligible to apply for credit validation and the Law Enforcement Command Certificate. After validation, you can directly transfer the 12 graduate-level extension units into USD’s Master of Science in Law Enforcement & Public Safety Leadership (MS-LEPSL) online degree program. You will also receive a transcript from the University of San Diego showing that you’ve earned 12 units of graduate extension credit.
If you choose to enroll in the MS-LEPSL program, you will be able to complete your Master’s degree coursework in just 3 terms (one year), as your final 4 classes will be covered by the transfer credit you earned through Command College.
• Admission Requirements and Application Process
Graduates of California POST's Command College from Class 45 and later are eligible to have their coursework evaluated for credit validation. Coursework cannot be validated until you have successfully completed Command College.
Command College Credit Validation Process
- Click the Apply button at the top right of this page. You will be asked to create a student account
- Complete the application.
- Email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A ZIP file of your Futures Portfolio
- A picture of your Command College certificate of completion
- Your application and documentation will be evaluated and given an academic grade
- You will receive an email notifying you that your application has been approved. The email will have instructions for completing the validation process.
- You will login in as directed and submit your payment ($900 for the credit validation, plus $45 for optional certificate)
- Your transcript will be mailed to you and, if you are applying to the MS-LEPSL program, a copy of your transcript will be forwarded to the registrar
Schedule & Fees
Application to Law Enforcement Command Certificate can be done anytime after completion of Command College. There is no enrollment deadline.
The cost is $900 for the credit validation and $45 for an optional certificate.
Submit your Command College coursework and Futures Project for evaluation and academic grade to earn graduate level extension units and the Law Enforcement Command Certificate. Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
The curriculum for this program is offered through POST Command College. Graduates of Command College Class 45 and onward are eligible to have their work evaluated to earn graduate level extension units with the option of a certificate.
The Law Enforcement Command Certificate (LECC) curriculum facilitated by the Command College fits neatly and organically within the existing LEPSL programmatic learning outcomes.