Shape Community Development Through the Applicaion and Knowledge of Environmental Regulations
This course will benefit professionals involved in land development by providing an overview of the key local, state and federal environmental regulations that govern land use. It will also identify the major environmental issues confronting land use development and offer proactive site planning and design techniques to minimize environmental impact and promote sustainability.
- Comprehend the primary environmental constraints facing development in San Diego County
- Know how to turn environmental liabilities into assets
- Apply tools to minimize time and expense related to the environmental review process
- Incorporate sustainable measures into site planning and design with cutting edge techniques
- Identify the pros and cons of sustainable practices with a local civil engineer, site planner, environmental consultant and developer
Number of Units: 1
Who Should Attend: Professionals who wish to obtain a foundation for a career in real estate or students who seek to specialize within the one area of the real estate industry.
Course Format: Classroom
Course Materials: There is no textbook for this course; materials including PowerPoints and supplemental readings to support classroom discussions will be available through the course drop box.
"Anyone dealing in real estate should know this topic. CEQA is only getting more extensive to comply with, so you better know it!!! " — John Casey
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development Certificate : Elective Courses - To Enroll and Learn More Click a Course Below