Enhance Your Real Estate Career at USD
The University of San Diego’s Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate has collaborated with the USD Professional and Continuing Education to develop this certificate program especially for real estate, finance and development industry professionals who want to expand their practical knowledge base and learn today's most cutting-edge real estate best practices.
The certificate is designed to provide essential skills for financing, developing, managing, marketing, and selling commercial real estate projects. Students also explore the legal, entitlement, and environmental aspects as well as other important elements of development and project management. Students will gain the educational knowledge to compete in today's changing real estate market.
Get started and register for a course today!
- Develop competitive skills in identifying sources of capital and other financing vehicles
- Learn the intricacies of real estate investment and analysis
- Examine the legal aspects of real estate as well as development and project management
- Identify real estate development strategies that are necessary to compete in today's changing market
- Examine the mandated, complex and time-consuming processes involved in every land use decision, including clarification of the entitlement, environmental impact and permitting procedures
Who Should Attend
Professionals who wish to lay a foundation for a real estate career, students seeking knowledge in a real estate disciplines or specialization, and individuals interested in pursuing further real estate professional study to complement their real estate industry experience.
All courses are delivered in the Classroom format.
Experienced practitioners from the real estate industry provide a stimulating and participative learning environment. The instructors in this certificate program are:
- Highly-regarded practitioners from various facets of the real estate industry
- Renowned practitioners and industry leaders from the property management, commercial development, finance, legal, urban development, environmental, and tax disciplines
Enroll in individual courses of your choice and start with any course. Courses begin monthly and are held at the University of San Diego. Classes are held on a weekly basis each month for four consecutive weeks from 6:00 to 9:10 PM.
Complete the requirements below to earn a Certificate in Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development. The certificate can be completed in as little as eight months. Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete 6 core courses
- Complete 2 elective courses
- Attend 1 stand-alone required Seminar and Downtown Walking Tour, "The Real Estate Process"
- Attend 70% of scheduled classes
Join our community!