Certificate Programs at University of San Diego
Quality Education Matters
For more than 40 years, Professional and Continuing Education at the University of San Diego has provided working professionals with access to quality courses, certificate programs and professional training.
Our online and on-campus certificate programs are designed for working individuals who want more from their careers. Our flexible catalog of individual courses and certificate programs make it possible to develop the knowledge and expertise needed to take the next step in your career. Whether you are interested in career advancement, improving existing skills and knowledge, or are preparing for a career change, the University of San Diego offers certificate programs and courses designed to help you achieve your goals.
The University of San Diego is part of the California Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL), and offers several Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) approved certificate programs.
Why Complete a Certificate Program?
- Document your academic achievement in an area of specialized expertise to assist you in advancing your career and possibly moving up the salary schedule, all PCE certificates earned are recorded on your transcript as well as awarded a Certificate Document suitable for framing
- Complete your certificate within 4 to 18 months, less time than it typically takes to earn a graduate degree
- Develop and update your professional skills and knowledge to make you more effective in your field with in-depth learning
- Provide expertise in a specific area of study and provide value-added benefits that are highly visible to your organization
What is a Certificate?
USD's certificate programs offer results-orientated, targeted courses designed especially for busy working people. You will develop critical workplace knowledge, skills and tools that you can apply immediately! Start building your competitive edge today!
A certificate is a rigorous program of study that demonstrates a progression of learning and the mastery of a specific body of knowledge. Certificates at USD are a minimum of 8 semester units of coursework, and have gone through extensive community reviews, curricular oversight, and university approvals before they are offered for continuing education or professional development.
Browse our certificate programs by category:
- Educator Certificate Programs
- Business Certificate Programs
- English Language Certificate Programs
- Paralegal Certificate Programs
- Health Care Informatics Certificate Program
View all USD certificate programs