Credit Validation for Fleet Science Center Participants Only
The Inquiry Institute is a three-day professional learning experience for educators in the San Diego area. Participants experience inquiry as a learner and examine different approaches to hands-on learning. In addition, educators will explore NGSS science and engineering practices (SEPs) through phenomena, engage in full scientific inquiry and consider ways to include inquiry in their own classroom.
- Experience science inquiry from beginning to end in order to better think about and assess one's own teaching
- Identification of student questions as either research or investigative
- Ability to scan research questions and add variables to make questions investigable
- Create grade-appropriate inquiry-based activities from existing worksheets, kits or resources
- Shift any activity or lesson to be more learner-controlled
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for enrolled Fleet Science Center participants.