Curious to learn new information, meet new people and participate in a fun, intellectually stimulating environment for students that are 55+?
USD’s University of the Third Age is a life-long learning program that brings together avid life-long learners 55+ for an informative 3-week intellectual feast, twice a year. Attendees learn from some of San Diego's top leaders representing a variety of industries such as: business, government, military, medicine, health, science, technology, arts, literature, religion and education. The presenters represent university administrators and faculty, community leaders, published scientists, nonprofit executives, military and government officials and C-Level Suite Leaders. All presenters are experts in their individual fields and highly regarded for their intellect and contributions to their respected disciplines.
- Marine Aviation
- Drones, Laws, and Hollywood
- Are You Sabotaging Your Bones?
- Superior Court of San Diego
- It’s Not Just Yeast and Barley
*Check the schedule frequently as it changes upon speaker confirmation.
- Engage with the University of San Diego for your educational and life-learning needs
- Increased awareness and knowledge about a variety of topics
- Opportunity to dialogue and interact with industry experts
- Keep your mind and body alert and moving through physical and intellectual exercises
- Connect and re-connect with new and old friends and expand your personal network of acquaintances
- Develop appreciation for learning through lectures and field trips about some of the most fascinating communities and organizations in San Diego
- Intellectual stimulation abounds daily through lectures, discussions and workshops
Who Should Attend: Those 55+ who are life-long learners continually looking for new intellectual and physical opportunities to keep their minds and bodies sharp long into their 3rd Age.
Early Registration Discount: Register four weeks early to receive a 10% discount.
Course Format: Classroom
U3A is offered every January and July for a 3-week session, meeting Monday-Thursday mornings.
- 8:00am to 9:15am - Tai Chi Exercise, Beginning Computers, iPad/Social Media/Digital Photography
- 9:30am to 10:30am - First Lecture
- 10:45am to 11:45am - Second Lecture
- 11:45am U3A ends
Workshops begin the first Tuesday of each session
Instructors: Expert lecturers representing a variety of industries and topics.
Parking Permits: You have two options to purchase your parking permit:
- Online/Phone: To purchase your permit online, please visit the following website or call Student Services Center at (619) 260-4585:
- In Person: Stop at the kiosk as you enter campus on the first day of U3A and ask for a guest permit. You may purchase your parking permit for the entire program on the first day of U3A
Location: USD’s U3A Summer 2015 Session will be held at Mother Rosalie Hill Hall (School of Leadership and Education Science – SOLES) – Executive Auditorium, 1st floor.