Curious to learn new information, meet new people and participate in a fun, intellectually stimulating environment for those 55+?
USD’s University of the Third Age is a life-long learning program that brings together avid life-long learners 55+ for an informative 3-week intellectual feast, twice a year. Attendees learn from some of the great representing the San Diego community from a wide variety of industries such as: business, government, military, medicine, health, science, technology, arts, literature, religion and education. University faculty, community leaders, published scientists, nonprofit executives, military officials and many more are invited to present each session. All presenters are experts in their individual fields and highly regarded for their intellect and contributions to their respected disciplines.
- National Security and Climate Change
- California's Drought's Big Picture Perspective with NIDIS Insights
- Arthritis: From Hi-Tech Knowledge to Low-Tech Solutions
- Cultivating Compassion: An Innate Trait and A State
- San Diego: One of the Smartest Cities?
Check out the complete January 2015 schedule and program topics!
Get started and enroll today!
Who Should Attend: Those 55+ who are life-long learners continually looking for new intellectual and physical opportunities to keep their minds and bodies sharp long into retirement.
Early Registration Discount: Register four weeks early to receive a 10% discount.
Course Format: Classroom
U3A is offered every January and July for a 3-week session, meeting Monday-Thursday mornings.
- 8:00am to 9:15am - Tai Chi Exercise, Beginning Computers, iPad/Social Media/Digital Photography
- 9:30am to 10:30am - First Lecture
- 10:45am to 11:45am - Second Lecture
- 11:45am U3A ends
Workshops begin the first Tuesday of each session
Instructors: Expert lecturers representing a variety of industries and topics.
Parking Permits: You have two options to purchase your parking permit:
- Online/Phone: To purchase your permit online, please visit the following website or call Student Services Center at (619) 260-4585:
- In Person: Stop at the kiosk as you enter campus on the first day of U3A and ask for a guest permit. You may purchase your parking permit for the entire program at Manchester Conference Center reception window located on the first floor of the building, on the first day of U3A, Monday, July 14th.