Bring Your Newfound Learning Together to Design a Meaningful Capstone Project
Love of Language - Capstone is designed as a culminating experience for educators who have already completed 6 units of coursework within the Love of Language Certificate program in order to earn a professional certificate. This course will facilitate educators applying the knowledge gained from completed coursework to teaching, curriculum and personal academic growth. Be able to showcase your previous learning into one capstone project that will proudly convey your accomplishments!
- Review and reflect on completed courses (6 units of Love of Language elective courses) in depth
- Conduct additional focused research on authors, texts and language related topics from elective coursework directed towards capstone project
- Select and develop a capstone project that applies completed elective coursework to teaching, curriculum and personal academic growth
- Evaluate capstone project that applies completed elective coursework to teaching, curriculum and personal academic growth
- Explore a myriad of texts and language related topics in depth
- Enhance and expand understanding of and appreciation for language
- Develop a capstone project inspired by elective course content, which demonstrates evidence of participant developing as a professional educator and lifelong learner
Number of Units: 3.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (K-12) who want to bridge the gap between the language needs of their students and their need to be lifelong learners with a passion for language and literature.
Course Materials: No text requirement. Access to past coursework is required, as well as Internet access.
Completion of six (6) units of Love of Language elective courses.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Love of Language Certificate : Core Course