Create a Collaborative Learning Environment by Turning Traditional Learning on Its Head
The flipped classroom concept takes traditional teaching and learning and reverses the delivery of instruction to the home with the use of technology and moves “homework” to the classroom. This allows teachers to spend more one-on-one time with each student. During class time, students can ask questions and work through problems with the guidance of their teachers and the support of fellow students. Review the research behind the flipped model of learning, participate in activities to clarify thinking and understanding of student-centered learning and explore the tools needed to implement this process in your educational environment.
This course can be taken individually and as part of either the Flipping Classroom Instruction Series or the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series.
- Understand 21st Century Learning
- Realize the value of video format lessons and instructions
- Review the research and the reasoning for the flipped classroom
- Evaluate and create a video lesson
- Know the different tools for assessing student learning
- Learn how to plan and implement your own flipped environment
- Implement interactive activities in the classroom now that it is flipped
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grade K-12), administrators and other educational leaders looking to transform learning.
"I enjoyed this class and learned multiple new strategies that I can immediately put to use in my classroom. I used the new knowledge from this course in a recent job interview. I truly believe what I learned was part of why I was selected for the position." -- James Pearson, DoDEA Educator, Prince William, Virginia
"Thank you so much for this class. Your lesson progression kept me motivated and inspired to continue. I learned an incredible amount of information about Flipping the Classroom that will benefit not only my students, but the entire intermediate PLCs at our school." -- Margo Ogden, Educator, Bakersfield CA
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- *Remote Teaching and Learning Series : Courses - Choose One or More
- Flipping Classroom Instruction Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More
- Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More