Become a Champion for Bullying Prevention with Online Convenience
This course is focused on the issues regarding safety for children and adolescents that have arisen due to the prevalence of the Internet and social media. The main focus of this course will be on cyberbullying, how to recognize it, how to deal with it and how to prepare your students for addressing the problem. This course will also address the issue of privacy on the Internet.
This course is part of the Bullying Prevention in Our Schools Certificate program. It can be taken individually, or as part of the certificate program's requirements.
- Define the safety concerns related to Internet use
- Evaluate privacy policies of social media applications
- Define cyberbullying in an educational context
- Describe the effects of cyberbullying on students
- Develop strategies to address cyberbullying in the classroom
- Create learning activities related to online privacy and cyberbullying prevention
Number of Units: 2.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course will provide continuing education for K-12 Teachers, School Nurses, Administrators and Healthcare Professionals.
Course Materials: No text requirementTechnical Requirements
EDU-X717A Bullying: An Introduction is recommended, but not required, to be completed prior to taking this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Bullying Prevention in Our Schools Certificate : Courses - Enroll in Individual Courses, or Earn a Certificate with Required Courses (9 Units)