Strengthen Positive Social Skills in Your Students for Success in Class
Studies indicate the development of social and emotional skills can positively affect student achievement and success in school and later in life. This course examines the research and best practices for teaching students positive social skills. Participants will develop a toolkit of resources for teaching and promoting the development of students' self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making.
This course is also applicable toward the Effective Classroom Management Solutions Certificate and the Character Education Development Certificate course requirements.
- Explain the impact of positive social skills on student success in school and later in life
- Identify best practices and instructional strategies for teaching students self-awareness, social-awareness, self-management, relationship skills, and responsible decision making
- Design a toolkit for teaching students positive social skills
Number of Units: 3.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (Grades K-12)
Course Materials: All materials for this course are included in the online course
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Character Education Development Certificate : Courses - Enroll in Individual Courses, or Earn a Certificate with Required Courses (9 units)
- Effective Classroom Management Solutions Certificate : Courses - Enroll in Individual Courses, or Earn a Certificate with Required Courses (11 Units)
- Professional Teachers Program Series : Courses - Enroll in One or More