You, Cannabis, and the Law: Understand Cannabis Legislation and Regulation - Fully Online
The Cannabis Law and Policy Certificate program prepares learners to participate in the ever-changing legal landscape surrounding the cannabis industry. It has become increasingly difficult to approach cannabis from a regulatory standpoint as the federal government and individual states have implemented differing laws regarding its sale and usage. This program will tackle these issues by breaking down complicated legal terminology, highlighting important court cases, and explaining key regulations regarding business development within the cannabis industry.
In addition to providing a comprehensive overview of cannabis regulation, this course will also highlight the historical events that led to the formation of these laws. Students will explore legislation regarding the cannabis industry, common regulatory dilemmas, and the process of securing state and local licenses. As this course progresses, it will also introduce nuanced topics regarding professional responsibility, which includes contracting vendors, insurance, employment issues, corporate formation, and much more. Students will also explore environmental issues and will gain a greater understanding of the steps that business owners can take to reduce their impact on local habitats. Finally, this course will conclude by emphasizing how creators can protect their intellectual property within a constantly-evolving industry.
These extensive modules are designed to provide valuable information and insights that will educate learners of all levels on the complex world of cannabis regulation. This certificate also includes real world studies, assessments, and expert interviews that will ensure the learner’s mastery of the program material.
This program is created in partnership with Green Flower Media Inc., the leader in cannabis education and training.
Who Should Attend
This certificate program provides continuing education for cannabis business professionals seeking to enhance their understanding of cannabis' legislation and regulation.
Schedule & Fees
|Course #||Courses (9 units)||Duration||SP||SU||FA||Fee|
|CNB-X800||Cannabis 101: History and Practice Across Industries
|CNB-X803||Cannabis Law & Policy I: Historical Perspectives and Regional Analysis
|CNB-X804||Cannabis Law & Policy II: Emerging Sectors
|Total Certificate Cost (3 courses)||$2,950|
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced *Schedule and fees subject to change|
Complete the requirements below to earn a professional certificate in Cannabis Law & Policy. The certificate can be completed in as few as two semesters. Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete all three courses, CNB-X800, CNB-X803, and CNB-X804 (total of 9 units)
Enrollment for the certificate includes all three courses and certificate fee ($45 value). Each course is eight weeks long and typically scheduled each semester. Individual course enrollment is not available.
- Understand the complicated legal background surrounding cannabis, how regulations differ between federal, state, and county, and the history behind the formation of these laws
- Identify how state licenses and local permits can be legally secured for multiple types of cannabis-related businesses and corporations
- Understand the often-overlooked requirements of running a compliant and successful business within the cannabis industry
- Recognize potential environmental issues connected to cannabis business practices and identify ways that they can be managed and diminished
- Distinguish intellectual property concerns and discover how to protect content in the industry