Become the Exceptional Coach or Teacher that Promotes Impactful Change with Student Athletes
Take an individual course or work toward earning a certificate with multiple courses!
These courses, created by coaches for coaches, will provide the changemaking skills and tools needed to create positive learning experiences between you and your student athletes. A strong understanding of how to communicate with and motivate your athletes, while strengthening and honing their athletic skills, is necessary. A winning coach or teacher means much more than just defeating the other team--being able to model leadership, teamwork, sportsmanship and other important character traits will provide athletes with the positive growth opportunity that can last well beyond the playing field. Earn your Coaching Today's Student Athletes professional certificate by taking the four required courses.
Who Should Attend
The courses in this certificate program are targeted for anyone that works with student athletes in the K-12 and community college setting - coaches, managers, athletic directors, physical education instructors and even classroom teachers that want to promote life skills with their students.
Schedule & Fees
|Course #||Courses (8 units)||Duration||SP||SU||FA||Fee|
|EDU-X779P||Principles of Coaching (2 units)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$307|
|EDU-X780P||Character and Athletics (2 units)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$307|
|EDU-X781P||Differentiation of Instruction: How to Reach Every Athlete on Your Team (2 units)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$307|
|EDU-X782P||Leadership in Coaching (2 units)||up to 6 months||OSP||OSP||OSP||$307|
|One Time Certificate Fee||$45|
|Total Certificate Cost (4 courses)||$1,273|
|C = Classroom; OFD = Online Fixed-Date; OSP = Online Self-Paced; IS = Independent Study Self-Paced *Schedule and fees subject to change|
Complete the requirements below to earn a professional certificate in Coaching Today's Student Athletes. The certificate can be completed in as few as two semesters. Read Certificate Benefits and Policy.
- Complete 4 core courses, EDU-X779P, EDU-X780P, EDU-X781P and EDU-X782P (8 units)
Enroll in one or more courses to earn graduate level extension credits. You can expect the following from Online Self-Paced courses:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
- Realize the value of a coaching philosophy
- Enhance skills in developing a sports culture that promotes civility and sportsmanship, among other character traits
- Be able to identify and differentiate each athletes' goals, motivation, inspiration, deficits, and roadblocks
- Build upon leadership skills for today's athletes to become tomorrow's changemakers