Optimize Your Well-Being to Become a Better Educator
The Teacher Wellness Series courses promote positive change and personal growth in the education profession. Being able to maintain one's wellness is of utmost importance to today's educator. Lessen stress, reduce the potential of illness and promote positive interactions with others. These courses help K-12 educators to become the best that they can be, and how to incorporate wellness into the classroom/school with their students. Courses cover a variety of topics including burnout, compassion fatigue, and self development/identity.
Who Should Attend
All educators, including teachers, counselors, school nurses, administrators and others wanting to promote positive change within their lives (and their students) by becoming more aware of their own health and wellness.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series.
You can expect the following from the Online Self-Paced courses in this series:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
You can expect the following from the Independent Study Self-Paced course (EDU-X768L Only) in this series:
- You can independently work on course work, completing course within nine months from enrollment
- You will read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Instructor is available by email
- Completed assignments are submitted online upon completion of the entire course, and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor provide provides feedback to your submitted work. Final grade is issued and posted to your record for transcript.
- Identify and implement healthy positive strategies to self-monitor and maintain personal balance to enhance your teaching skills
- Strengthen and prolong your teaching career
- Become mindfully aware of self-identity and emotions that allow one to be more present and productive in the classroom
- Model health and well-being to students