Use Today's Technology to Improve Classroom Learning and Teaching
Facilitate teaching and learning in your K-12 classroom, school or district with the latest technology. Explore existing and emerging technologies such as, Chromebooks, iPads, iPods, cell phones, Netbooks and e-readers and how they can be integrated into the classroom. This unique online self-paced series equips teachers and school leaders with the skills to thrive in today’s technology learning environment.
These courses allow educators to customize their learning based on their particular needs. Take courses individually or create your learning plan by taking multiple courses from the Learning and Teaching in a K-12 Digital Classroom Series.
Who Should Attend
These courses are designed for K-12 teachers and administrators interested in learning how to plan and implement a technology learning program for today's students. The curriculum allows you to plan, deliver, and assess a digital technology learning environment.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series to earn graduate level extension credits.
You can expect the following from Online Self-Paced courses:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
- Integrate today's technology tools into the student learning experience
- Locate, organize, understand, evaluate and analyze information using digital technology
- Use social media to foster communication
- Create and support meaningful student-directed learning experiences
- Employ a variety of tools for data analysis, collaboration, communication and co-creation of content
- Develop capacity to deploy and manage all aspects of mobile technology