Start Your Teaching Career with Best Practices - Flexible Online Self-Paced Courses
This series of courses was created by teachers for teachers. Ideas, strategies and resources are presented that are based on the latest in thinking about the art and practice of teaching. For those who are new or fairly new to classroom teaching or for the conscientious educator who just wants to focus on a certain area, these courses will provide necessary skills and support toward creating a successful learning environment in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
These courses are designed for K-12 teachers who are new to the teaching profession and those educators that want to sharpen their practices in one or more areas.
Enroll in one or more courses in this series to earn graduate level extension credits.
You can expect the following from Online Self-Paced courses:
- You can go online when convenient, completing course within six months from enrollment
- As long as you have access to the Internet (and any text book requirements stated, if applicable), you can complete assignments
- You'll read articles and watch videos, and interact with resources provided within the course
- Completed assignments are submitted and then evaluated by assigned instructor
- Instructor interaction and feedback are provided between assignments
- Identify your needs as an educator, the needs of the students and those of your school
- Identify theoretical models and best practices
- Develop strategies that would promote these best practices
- Create new ways to implement ideas and strategies into the school year