Have Fun in the Sun and Learn English in San Diego, California
The English Language Academy (ELA) offers a residential summer program located on the beautiful University of San Diego campus. Beginning in early July through mid-August, non-native English speakers who are between the ages 13 and 17 can practice their language skills in and out of the classroom.
- For individual enrollment and pricing information, visit our Summer International Junior + Discover Southern CA page
- In-class instruction includes skill development in reading/writing and listening/speaking
- Flexible program options for a minimum of two weeks to a maximum of four weeks
- An intensive all-English environment to practice and refine language skills
- Newly formed relationships with other students and instructor due to small class size of 8 students average - 10 maximum
- Safe university environment for classes and housing
Who Should Attend
Non-native English speakers who are between the ages of 13 and 17.
Courses are delivered in the classroom format on the campus of the University of San Diego.
USD faculty and experienced staff provide a stimulating learning environment.
- Refined English language skills built from practicing speaking in an intensive all-English environment
- Reinforced English speaking skills and English cultural awareness gained from field trips that provide opportunities to interact with the local community
ELA provides an academically strong English language program with 17 hours of instruction per week. Small classes with an average of 8 students (max 10), combined with experienced and professional instructors, ensure students receive the attention needed to improve their English skills. Students also participate in cultural workshops and activities, which integrate explorations to local attractions, such as the San Diego Zoo, La Jolla Shores, Pacific Beach, and more. In this unique program, student classroom experiences, field trips and social events provide opportunities to interact with local people to reinforce both English language and culture.
- English + Discovering Southern CA: Lessons are integrated with San Diego and southern California explorations to local attractions. This program is run in collaboration with Converse International School of Languages (CISL).
Program Fee: Cost is determined by the number of weeks enrolled. Group rates on request.
Residential Accommodations: Students stay in the university’s student residence halls. They are modern, clean and comfortable apartments, generally for eight students in twin-study bedrooms with two en-suite bathrooms and a living area. Each residence has its own reception area, round-the-clock security, vending machines and laundry facilities. Residential students have full-board which includes three meals per day.
Homestay Accommodations: Single and double rooms with an American host family, breakfast & dinner with family and lunches on campus Monday-Friday.
Group and Agency Enrollments Welcome - Contact Us for a Free Proposal Today!
Director of International Programs
Call: (619) 260-7621
Memberships and Associations
USD’s English Language Academy is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP) and Association of International Educators (NAFSA).