Learn New Ideas. Be Inspired and Motivated. Plan for a Successful Implementation.
This course is designed to encourage school teachers that view the designated sequence of videos from the Annenberg Learner video library, Essential Science for Teachers: Life Science, to plan an effective classroom lesson or unit; or to plan to implement a school site improvement. Take the time to thoughtfully plan and prepare your implementation and earn credit for doing so. Each teacher will select, with administrative concurrence, a project that will take at least 25 out-of-class hours to prepare.
A brief plan and documentation of the hours spent in the implementation preparation will be submitted. The signature of a supervising administrator will be required to sign off the course.
Even though you may spend more than 25 hours in planning on this implementation, multiple units are unavailable for any one course.
- Discover a new idea, material, curriculum or technique that can be used in the classroom to enhance learning after viewing the sequence of videos from the designated Annenberg Learner video series library
- Plan and implement that idea providing concrete activities, elements, and timelines
- Put into practice what you learn--identify how you will track and evaluate the impact of your new strategy
- Plan and prepare a fresh approach in the classroom
Number of Units: 1.0 graduate level extension credit(s) in semester hours
Who Should Attend: This course provides continuing education for teachers (K-5) looking to earn credit for time spent on planning for the successful implementation of a new idea to enhance student learning and/or school improvement.
Course Materials: Internet access to Annenberg Learner's sequence of videos titled: Essential Science for Teachers: Life Science. The Annenberg Foundation makes their educational resources available to all at no-charge.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s), Professional Programs and Series
- Annenberg Learner - Implementation Planning Series : Math/Science