Curious to learn new information, meet new people and participate in a fun, intellectually stimulating environment for students that are 55+?
USD’s University of the Third Age is a life-long learning program that brings together avid life-long learners 55+ for an informative 3-week intellectual feast, twice a year. Attendees learn from some of San Diego's top leaders representing a variety of industries such as: business, government, military, medicine, health, science, technology, arts, literature, religion and education. The presenters represent university administrators and faculty, community leaders, published scientists, nonprofit executives, military and government officials and C-Level Suite Leaders. All presenters are experts in their individual fields and highly regarded for their intellect and contributions to their respected disciplines.
Featured Lectures and Field Trips:
- Ice Age Discoveries
- Inside the Secret Service
- Defending the Innocent in California's Prisons
- America After 2016, A Presidential Perspective
- Winter Reading
*Check back for calendar updates as speakers are confirmed weekly
- Engage with the University of San Diego for your educational and life-learning needs
- Increased awareness and knowledge about a variety of topics
- Opportunity to dialogue and interact with industry experts
- Keep your mind and body alert and moving through physical and intellectual exercises
- Connect and re-connect with new and old friends and expand your personal network of acquaintances
- Develop appreciation for learning through lectures and field trips about some of the most fascinating communities and organizations in San Diego
- Intellectual stimulation abounds daily through lectures, discussions and workshops
Who Should Attend: Those 55+ who are life-long learners continually looking for new intellectual and physical opportunities to keep their minds and bodies sharp long into their 3rd Age.
Early Registration Discount: Register four weeks early to receive a 10% discount.
Course Format: Classroom
U3A is offered every January and June for a 3-week session, meeting Monday-Thursday mornings.
- 8:00am to 9:15am - Tai Chi Exercise (Summer Session only), iPad/Social Media/Digital Photography
- 9:30am to 10:30am - First Lecture
- 10:45am to 11:45am - Second Lecture
- 11:45am U3A ends
Workshops begin the first Tuesday of each session
Instructors: Expert lecturers representing a variety of industries and topics.
Parking Permits: You have two options to purchase your parking permit:
- Online/Phone (Pre-order Discount Parking Pass): When enrolling in the course, you will have the option to add the weekly($10 per week) parking pass. You may also call the Enrollment and Student Services Center at (619) 260-4585 for assistance.
- In Person: If you did not pre-order your parking pass, you will need stop at the kiosk as you enter campus and ask for directions to purchase metered parking - $8 daily meter rate.
Location: USD’s U3A Winter 2017 Session - Mother Rosalie Hill Hall, first floor - Room 116 - Warren Auditorium.