Participants will learn about multisensory teaching/learning, terminology used in the O-G method and V/A/TK strategies. The course will also explore phonemes of the English language and the importance of clearly isolating each phoneme. Participants will be given an overview of the seven syllable types, using real and nonsense words, syllable division, and word patterns to analyze.
- Define and give examples of multisensory teaching and learning
- Define terminology
- Identify and demonstrate phonemes.
- Describe and select appropriate keywords.
- Outline and give examples of the seven syllable types.
- Explain and give examples of word patterns.