Participants will learn terminology used in the O-G approach and V/A/TK strategies, how and why the O-G approach included multi sensory teaching/learning, phonemes of the English language, and the importance of clearly isolating each phoneme. An overview of the seven syllable types, using real and nonsense words, syllable division and word patterns will also be included.
- Define and give examples of multi sensory teaching/learning
- Explain and define terminology
- Identify and demonstrate phonemes
- Select and define appropriate keywords
- Provide and define examples of the seven syllable types
- Outline and explain examples of word patterns