June 2 - 21, 2014
Build Essential Business Knowledge and Skills
(For Liberal Arts Majors)
Learn from highly renowned faculty from USD's nationally ranked School of Business in the Summer Business Institute offered in partnership with University of San Diego’s School of Business Administration for students and recent college graduates driven to expand their business knowledge.
This three-week intensive program is designed for liberal arts student’s seeking business, leadership and career planning needed to succeed in the competitive job market. You will be exposed to several business subjects
that are imperative to succeed in the today's marketplace.
Why is it important for all students to learn business skills?
- Regardless of what industry your career will be in, business skills such as marketing, finance, accounting and management will be imperative for your success
- Most liberal arts graduates will work in businesses, and understanding the operation of business will make you more marketable
- In today’s holistic business environment, a basic understanding of business knowledge and acumen, combined with a liberal arts degree will be a competitive combination for your future success
Get Started and Apply Today!
Register for the SBI course after the application is accepted!
- Recognize business fundamentals that will compliment your degree and career goals
- Diversify your education and focus on the practical application of finances, marketing and other business fundamentals
- Implement new strategies for networking and negotiation throughout your career
- Build upon your previous experience and leverage yourself in the current marketplace
- Examine how businesses operate through on-site and hands-on company visits
- Use business knowledge and industry terms to better position yourself as a viable job applicant
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for college students and recent graduates that are motivated to become more competitive with their knowledge of business.
- Early Application Deadline: March 24, 2014; Applicants will be notified of a decision between April 6-16
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2014; Applicants will be notified of a decision between May 21, 2014
- Late Consideration Deadline: May 21, 2014; Applications will be considered after all on-time applicants have been notified of a decision
The admissions process for the SBI is now open. In order to apply for admission to the program, students must submit a complete application by the application deadline. Apply Here Today
"... I think it's important for students to learn these skills especially at an undergraduate or graduate level, because as social science and arts students, these are not aspects that we focus on highly in our curriculum. So regardless of what your career is going to be these are items that will come up."
Jeremy Day, BA Communication Studies with a minor in Leadership Studies and Spanish '11
To access student services click here