Concurrent enrollment for the community in USD campus courses.
Open Campus at the University of San Diego provides a unique opportunity for professionals, students and high school graduates to take fully accredited campus courses on a space-available basis at the University of San Diego.
Open campus enrollment is available for people not seeking admission to a degree granting program who would like to attend a regular course at the University of San Diego.
The application process for Open Campus does not require University admission. In order to apply please see the suggested steps for application below. Classes in Open Campus are offered on space-available basis. Once accepted to Open Campus, students are not guaranteed entry to courses. Approval is required for all courses.
Steps for Application
For any course sponsored by the College of Arts & Sciences, please obtain approval for the Dean’s office (FH-114).
- Search for classes in our MySanDiego Campus Schedule.
- Identify the courses you wish to take and email email@example.com with the detail. In the email please include the class name, number (CRN), times, instructor, your name, and phone number.
- Submit completed course approval form to the office of Professional & Continuing Education.
- Undergraduate -Print the "Undergraduate Department Approval Form". For courses in the College of Arts & Sciences, forms must receive approval from the Dean's office in addition to the instructor. For all other courses, the appropriate Dean's office or chair must approve in addition to the instructor.
- Graduate -Print the "Graduate Course Approval Form". The appropriate Graduate Director must approve for admittance to this course. To find out who this is for your program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate - Send all official transcripts to the office of Professional & Continuing Education, Attn: Open Campus
- Graduate - Send all official transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office
- Create a PCE student account using the "Account Login" link from the top of http://pce.sandiego.edu.
- Complete the Application Form online.
- Pay the registration and course fee by the deadline. Tuition is charged at the regular per hour unit rate less a 5% discount. Please check the following Student Financial Services pages for rates:
International Students and returning Open Campus students should contact email@example.com prior to starting this process.
Please note the following items before applying:
- All applications must be accompanied by a $45 non-refundable application fee.
- Required credentials:
A. Official transcripts of any attempted college work.
B. Official final high school transcript or proof of high school graduation or equivalent.
- All semester deadlines apply in the case of Open Campus. Those enrolled in Open Campus attend class with degree-seeking students and participate in the same course activities and requirements.
- Please check transferability requirements of your home institution if you plan to transfer credits earned through USD's Open Campus. USD does not guarantee transfer of credit. All transfer decisions are up to your home institution.
- Students may take a maximum of 18 units per academic year with a maximum of 9 units per semester. However, typically only a maximum of 6 units may be eligible to apply to a USD graduate degree.
- Open Campus is NOT open to students seeking to take classes at the University of San Diego School of Law.
- Financial aid and university housing are NOT available to Open Campus students.
- International students with F-1 visa status are eligible for Open Campus if they are enrolled full-time at another institution and have maintained good immigration standing. A letter from your immigration advisor supporting part-time enrollment at USD must be submitted with your application including copies of your current Form I-20, passport page, visa page and I-94 card (front and back). International students with visa types other than F-1 may be eligible to apply and must consult with the International Admissions Counselor. International students seeking to study may contact PCE as some programs and course loads will qualify them for a student visa.
- All students at USD, including those enrolled through Open Campus, are responsible for maintaining standards of conduct and academic integrity as outlined in USD campus policies.
- Options are available for students not seeking credit. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.